Location: Bristol, UK
Reports to: Technical Services Director
StorMagic is a rapidly growing software-defined storage company and one of the leading players within the highly disruptive hyperconverged infrastructure market. With customers ranging from national brand retailers to US HQ’d global brands and SMEs across multiple verticals, we are looking for a skilled senior technical support engineer to join our global support team.
- Support StorMagic Customers and Resellers with new installations and any issues which may arise.
- Responsible for the coordination of programs in support of resellers and end users.
- Maintain post sales processes.
- Responsible for the maintenance of tools and processes necessary to support the reseller channel as it pertains specifically to the post sale support of the company’s products
- Implement changes and new installations to infrastructure and systems.
- Maintain current infrastructure and systems.
- Technical escalation for junior staff. This includes 24/7 world wide support so there is a possibility of being called out of business hours and on weekends.
- Provide training assistance to junior staff
- Work directly with junior staff to ensure quality assurance
- Able to handle escalations with demanding customers and establishing relationships
- Document technical queries, development and review content of knowledgebase
- Participate in testing alpha and beta products
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Current VMware VCP advantageous
- 4+ years’ experience in storage & virtualization in a field facing engineering capacity
- Experience with software defined storage and/or hyperconverged solutions
- Proven server virtualization, architecture and implementation expertise
- Proven expertise in architecting and implementing a broad range of storage solutions
- Proven networking skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity in a fast-paced, team environment while managing multiple competing priorities
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- High energy level and positive attitude
- Managing other staff members and projects
- Analytical – Synthesises complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design – Generates creative solutions.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Ability to work alone and maintain self-motivation
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve individual and departmental goals; Understands departments strengths & weaknesses; Analyses product and competition.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals in the best interests of the company.
- Development – Scripting capabilities and understanding of frame work
Salary and benefits
Competitive salary and attractive benefits to be shared with interviewed candidates.
StorMagic was founded in 2006 by two experienced storage entrepreneurs with the vision to find the simplest, most cost-effective way to store and manage data through software. The founders realized that if data was stored within servers instead of a SAN, and was synchronously mirrored to other servers and presented as a virtual SAN, then end users’ total cost could be lowered dramatically. With this architecture, data would be both stored and processed on the same platform, which is now known as hyperconverged infrastructure and is increasingly seen as a key tool in any CTO’s armoury for efficient infrastructure management.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org