Location: Bristol, UK
Reports to: Chief Marketing Officer
StorMagic (a UK headquartered, international tech company) is recruiting a Marketing Assistant to support the global sales and marketing teams. As we are a small, but fast growing team this role will involve working in many aspects of marketing – with a focus on digital marketing and automation, social media, and event planning. This is a great opportunity to put your current marketing skills to good use – and learn a whole lot more along the way!
Founded in 2006, StorMagic is a fast growing software company that makes virtual SANs simple for edge computing. Our product, SvSAN, is designed for large organizations with thousands of sites and companies running small datacenters that require a highly available, two-server solution that is simple, cost-effective and flexible. StorMagic SvSAN removes the need for a physical SAN in some of the world’s most demanding environments by converting the disk, flash and memory of two servers into a virtual SAN.
We’re looking to accelerate our revenue growth and customer acquisition and we believe marketing has a key role to make that happen. Can you help us?
Your responsibilities will include:
- Social media – Drive engagement with customers, prospects, partners and industry thought leaders. Improve our social engagement strength and reach.
- Inbound marketing – Identifying and set up inbound strategies, nurture campaign content creation and management, blog writing.
- Outbound marketing – Execute outbound campaigns to drive traffic to StorMagic website and landing pages
- Writing/content creation – This is an important aspect of the role, we’re looking for someone who is comfortable and confident in their writing ability.
- Event planning – Responsible for research, planning and logistics for industry events.
- Analytics – Google Analytics, campaign tracking, Hubspot analytics, etc.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Experience with social media and social media management platforms
- Strong copywriting skills a must with brilliant attention to detail – content creation will be integral to this role
- Genuine interest and passion in digital marketing
- Understanding of marketing automation platforms – Hubspot preferred
- Highly organised and able to set schedules, meet deadlines and achieve marketing campaign goals
- A highly organized team player with the ability to self-motivate, set your own project schedules, meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Interested in technology; has the capability and desire to learn new products and tools
- Experience working in a technology company and/or B2B marketing role
- Experience with Google Analytics, Adwords and G Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets, etc..)
- Knowledge of graphic design packages preferred but not essential including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Premiere Pro
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Business Administration, Business Management or equivalent level of hands-on experience
- 2 -4 years of relevant work experience in a B2B marketing role, preferably with a technology company.
Salary and benefits
Competitive salary and attractive benefits.
StorMagic was founded in 2006 by two experienced storage entrepreneurs with the vision to find the simplest, most cost-effective way to store and manage data through software. The founders realized that if data was stored within servers instead of a SAN, and was synchronously mirrored to other servers and presented as a virtual SAN, then end users’ total cost could be lowered dramatically. With this architecture, data would be both stored and processed on the same platform, which is now known as hyperconverged infrastructure and is increasingly seen as a key tool in any CTO’s armoury for efficient infrastructure management.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org