Location: Bristol, UK
Reports to: Technical Services Director
StorMagic is a rapidly growing company looking to expand its presence in EMEA with a Senior Technical Systems Engineer based in Bristol. Senior Technical Systems Engineers are the primary technical resource for field sales and re-seller partners. This role is responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process and designing customer solutions that include Professional Services. He/she will work in conjunction with the sales team as technical adviser and product advocate for our products and services with both prospects and customers. The Senior Technical Systems Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users while establishing and maintaining strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Technical Degree or sufficient industry experience
- Current VMware VCP or vExpert advantageous
- 6-10 years’ experience in storage sales and services in a field facing engineering capacity
- 3-5 years’ experience with hyperconverged solutions
- Working with enterprise accounts
- Working knowledge of virtualization; specifically, VMware, Hyper-V and KVM.
- Proven storage experience with RAID, iSCSI and SDS; other storage experience advantageous.
- Proven networking skills; TCP/IP, Routing.
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity in a fast-paced, team environment while managing multiple competing priorities
- Ability to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral) including experience responding to RFIs/RFPs
- High energy level and positive attitude
- Ability to travel
- Analytical – Synthesises complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design – Generates creative solutions.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Ability to work alone and maintain self-motivation
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Strategic Thinking – Develops strategies to achieve individual and departmental goals; Understands departments strengths & weaknesses; Analyses product and competition.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals in the best interests of the company.
- Providing product demonstrations and conducting pilots
- Acting as a technical lead in support of StorMagic deployments
- Creating technical content
- Demonstrating StorMagic solutions and answering technical questions about the products
- Educating prospects that StorMagic solutions will best satisfy their needs
- Providing training and producing support material for the sales team
- Responding to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Maintain partner relationships
Salary and benefits
Competitive salary and benefits.
StorMagic makes virtual SANs simple for edge computing. Our product, SvSAN, is designed specifically for small and large enterprises with one to thousands of locations that require highly available compute and storage at the lowest possible cost.
Underpinned by simplicity, cost-effectiveness and flexibility, StorMagic SvSAN removes the need for a physical SAN in some of the world’s most demanding environments by converting the disk, flash and memory of two servers into a virtual SAN. Perfect for deployments across any number of remote or branch offices as well as IoT projects that require a small IT footprint as well as the uptime and performance necessary to process large quantities of data at the edge of the enterprise. Our typical customers have distributed IT operations in locations like retail stores, branch offices, factories, warehouses and even wind farms and oil rigs. In all of these deployments, SvSAN enables small hyperconverged clusters with an unrivaled level of simplicity and affordability.
SvSAN integrates seamlessly with existing virtualized environments and enables centralized deployment and management for anything from one to thousands of sites, removing the need for dedicated specialist IT staff at each site and significantly lowering the cost of management. SvSAN is deployed by over a thousand customers across 72 countries and is available as a pre-configured hyperconverged solution through both Cisco and Lenovo, as well as through our network of channel partners around the world.
StorMagic was founded in 2006 by two experienced storage entrepreneurs with the vision to find the simplest, most cost-effective way to store and manage data through software. The founders realized that if data was stored within servers instead of a SAN, and was synchronously mirrored to other servers and presented as a virtual SAN, then end users’ total cost could be lowered dramatically. With this architecture, data would be both stored and processed on the same platform, which is now known as hyperconverged infrastructure and is increasingly seen as a key tool in any CTO’s armoury for efficient infrastructure management.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org