Location: Bristol, UK
Overview of role
StorMagic is a rapidly growing software-defined storage company and one of the leading players within the highly disruptive hyperconverged infrastructure market. With a wide range of customers from known international brand retailers and SMEs across multiple verticals, we are looking for an exceptional individual willing to embrace disruption and happy to challenge the status quo of a 40 year old industry.
The successful candidate will be joining an established team that has over 20 years’ experience in the storage industry. Exciting new opportunities are emerging as we look to extend our existing platform for clustered storage in a virtualised environment. We are looking to expand our current UI management team to assist in the rapid development of a new HTML5 UI.
Key to our requirements is a motivated and talented developer that can demonstrate excellent Python knowledge, and an ability to interface with numerous different backend technologies. These include C libraries, ORM mappings to databases, and other existing Python applications. Providing consistent web and API services to front end developers will also be a key part of the role. An understanding of building single page applications with demonstrable examples is a plus but not essential.
Primary job expectations
- Designing and developing clean easy to use management interfaces
- Maintaining, troubleshooting and bug fixing
- Gathering requirements and presenting ideas for different solutions
- Assisting other teams within the business such as customer support and QA
- Design, develop and extend existing API’s for front-end developers
Requirements of the role
Do you have what it takes? The ideal candidate will have experience and expertise in the following….
Degree level qualification in Computer Science or equivalent
At least 2 years of experience in a web development environment
- Understanding of frontend web development using libraries / frameworks such as React / Angular / jQuery
- Experience of providing consistent, easy to use API’s to front-end developers
- Demonstrable experience with design / implementation of web-based user interfaces, using HTML/CSS frameworks
- Experience of writing unit tests to verify code
- Experience with SCM tools such as git, CVS or similar
- Experience working in an environment with Continuous Integration
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Strong communication skills
- Possess a calm and can-do attitude towards problem-solving
- Design – Generates creative solutions
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations
- Development – Scripting capabilities and understanding of frameworks
- Communication – Able to present ideas
- Timely – Able to complete work to agreed deadlines
Salary and Benefits
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Private medical insurance
- Life cover
- Group pension plan
- Bike to work scheme member
- Competitive salary and benefits
Further information and applications
- For further information please email: [email protected]
StorMagic is a UK-based software-defined storage company disrupting the traditional storage market by making the complex simple. Our product, SvSAN, simplifies storage at the edge by enabling simple, affordable hyperconverged infrastructure for large and small enterprises. Launched in 2010, StorMagic SvSAN has replaced traditional storage solutions in North America, Europe and Asia across a wide range of vertical industries.
Our growing community of over 1,000 customers has deployed from one to thousands of sites. They are typically large enterprises with business-critical IT systems at the edge and SMEs simply wanting to lower the cost and complexity of their IT systems. Customers include major brands such as The Home Depot, Unilever, Bayer, Lockheed Martin and United Healthcare as well as countless SMB, local government and education organizations.