Founded in June 2006, StorMagic is proud to be celebrating its 15th anniversary this month. In honor of turning 15 years old, we pulled together the following blog post, providing our readers with a list of 15 things you didn’t already know about StorMagic — but wish you did.
15 Things You Didn’t Know About StorMagic:
- StorMagic was founded in 2006 in Bristol, England, starting with less than 10 employees.
- In 2007, StorMagic introduced its first product, a software-based iSCSI SAN.
- StorMagic’s flagship product, SvSAN, was introduced in 2009. The software-defined storage (SDS) virtual SAN was designed to meet the needs of what would become an edge computing world.
- In the early 2010s, StorMagic fine tuned its SvSAN line to include new patents, performance-enhancing caching and remote witness features.
- StorMagic SvSAN’s witness can provide quorum for as many as 1000 SvSAN 2-node clusters, while tolerating latency as high as 3000ms and as little as 9Kb/s of bandwidth.
- Security emerged front and center in 2018, with the addition of data encryption to SvSAN, to address our edge customers’ growing security dilemmas.
- StorMagic has been named in the prestigious Gartner Magic Quadrant for 3 years running (2019-2021).
- More than 97 percent of customers report that they love StorMagic’s products, service and support and would recommend StorMagic to their peers.*
- StorMagic acquired KeyNexus in 2020 and introduced SvKMS, an enterprise-grade key management system that can be integrated in the datacenter, edge or cloud.
- StorMagic Cloud Services launched in the late 2010s, offering new Key Management-as-a-Service and Witness-as-a-Service offerings.
- StorMagic acquired SoleraTec and entered the video surveillance space in 2021, launching ARQvault.
- ARQvault is the first Active Intelligent Repository and gathers data anywhere, stores it forever and finds it fast.
- StorMagic landed more than a dozen awards in 2020-2021 alone, honoring our products, Channel Program, company and executives, including Gartner’s Customers’ Choice.
- StorMagic’s extensive partner and integration ecosystem includes APC Schneider Electric, AWS, Bitlocker, Commvault, Google, HPE, IBM, MariaDB, MongoDB, MySQL, Microsoft, NetApp, Nutanix, OpenStack, Red Hat, Salesforce, VMware, Zerto and others.
- Today, StorMagic associates worldwide are designing, developing, engineering, marketing and selling StorMagic’s solutions — with a common mission of making the complex simple for edge computing environments.
Happy birthday StorMagic! We’d like to extend a very special thanks to each and every one of our employees, partners and customers who are the lifeblood of our organization’s success. We’ve grown from a small business, into a worldwide player in software-defined storage, encryption key management and video surveillance along our journey so far, and we can’t wait to see what the next chapter brings!
What’s your favorite thing about StorMagic? Drop us line or enter a comment to help us celebrate this milestone event.
*Gartner, Inc. “Gartner Peer Insights ‘Voice of the Customer’: Hyperconverged Infrastructure Software”, 12 May 2021, by Peer Contributors analysts.
Subscribe to receive the latest updates and articles from StorMagic:
By clicking subscribe above, you consent to allow StorMagic to store and process the personal information submitted and for StorMagic to contact you via telephone and email in relation to your request. StorMagic is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and we’ll only use your personal information to provide the products and services you requested from us. You may unsubscribe from StorMagic marketing communications at any time. For more information on how to unsubscribe, our privacy practices, and how we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, please review our Data Protection Policy.