StorMagic is looking for an enthusiastic and innovative Junior DevOps Engineer to join our expanding team. This role will suit someone currently working in a DevOps role in a junior capacity or an experienced Infrastructure Engineer or Software Developer who is looking to make the move into DevOps. For those looking to move from another discipline, experience of and an understanding of DevOps in your current role is preferred.
The ideal candidate will be proactive with a desire to take on new challenges and responsibilities. Working with the DevOps Team Lead you will be responsible for developing and delivering ongoing improvements and projects towards the DevOps vision at StorMagic. This is a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring engineer to develop advanced technical skills and knowledge by working on varied projects across various disciplines.
This is a fully remote role for candidates based in the UK, with the option of occasional office working if desired.
Who we are
StorMagic is an international software company, founded in 2006 with ambitious plans for growth. We started as a software-defined storage company but through recent acquisitions in enterprise key management and digital asset management software, we are now focussed on delivering software solutions that meet the growing needs of customers at the edge.
Data generated at the edge is growing exponentially and customers are having issues storing, protecting and using all of this data to help them analyze and grow their business. Industry analysts projected that the amount of data created globally outside the datacenter and cloud to be 10% just 2 years ago and project that it will be 75% by 2025.
Our existing products, SvSAN, SvKMS and ARQvault, simplify storage, security and digital asset management at the edge by enabling simple, robust and flexible solutions for large and small enterprises. We have over 1,600 customers around the world that trust us to deliver.
At StorMagic, we view collaboration as one of our main drivers for success and we are open to all our employees to share their thoughts and ideas to help both to turn our bold vision into a reality and to make StorMagic a great place to work.
- Work closely with the DevOps Team Lead to develop and deliver ongoing improvements and projects.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement.
- Improve and further automate development processes.
- Assist in developing the strategy for delivering the vision of the DevOps department.
- Regularly engage with other departments to collect feedback and assist with requests.
- Promote DevOps methodology.
Learning & Professional Development
- Work with the DevOps Team Lead to develop a personal growth plan that identifies areas to improve through online courses, peer tutoring, and self-learning.
- Spend a minimum of 10% of weekly time on professional development.
- Degree level qualification in Computer Science or related degree.
- Coding experience in at least one scripting language, i.e. Bash, Python, etc.
- Working understanding of common *nix command line functionality.
- Experience with source control, preferably Git.
- Experience with cloud technologies.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to effectively collaborate and work with others in a remote work environment.
- Agile/Lean development process (Kanban, peer review).
- Agile tools like Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with an OOP language (Java, C#, Python).
- Experience with development efficiencies (checkstyle, codeclimate).
- Linux system administration (Ubuntu or CentOS).
- Network administration.
- Experience with VMware vSphere and ESXi.
- Experience of containerisation (Docker / Kubernetes).
- Experience with DevOps platforms (GitLab, TravisCI, Jenkins).
Salary and benefits
We believe that our people’s wellbeing and development are key to our success and we offer benefits to our employees with this in mind including:
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Ample vacation days.
- Structured development and access to a range of training materials.
- Fantastic life and medical benefits.
- Pension contributions.