StorMagic is looking for a skilled, highly motivated Java Plugins Developer to join our expanding team. The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter with a desire to take on new challenges and responsibilities. Working with STA team you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of command line tools and plugins for new and existing product.
Our plugins enable StorMagic to integrate with and deploy on many partner platforms. They are an essential piece of the product that provide the gateway for deployment and management of our software. As the lead plugin developer, you will be responsible for working closely with our Product Team to build new plugins to expand our market footprint while improving and maintaining our existing plugin library.
Who we are
StorMagic is an international software company, founded in 2006 with ambitious plans for growth. We started as a software-defined storage company but through recent acquisitions in enterprise key management and digital asset management software, we are now focussed on delivering software solutions that meet the growing needs of customers at the edge.
Data generated at the edge is growing exponentially and customers are having issues storing, protecting and using all of this data to help them analyze and grow their business. Industry analysts projected that the amount of data created globally outside the datacenter and cloud to be 10% just 2 years ago and project that it will be 75% by 2025.
Our existing products, SvSAN, SvKMS and ARQvault, simplify storage, security and digital asset management at the edge by enabling simple, robust and flexible solutions for large and small enterprises. We have over 1,600 customers around the world that trust us to deliver.
At StorMagic, we view collaboration as one of our main drivers for success and we are open to all our employees to share their thoughts and ideas to help both to turn our bold vision into a reality and to make StorMagic a great place to work.
- Take ownership of StorMagic’s Plugins library to enhance and maintain our existing offerings, while working with our Product Team to address new markets. Some current examples: VMWare, HPE Greenlake, Kubernetes CSI, etc.
- Work closely with our Product Team through conception, requirements, design, and delivery phases of the plugins.
- Ensure code is easily read, consistent, and of the highest quality through peer review and unit/functional testing.
- Work closely with the QA team to assist planning test cases, review issues raised to development and ensure issues are addressed promptly.
- Work with engineers in Technical Services to investigate and solve problems reported by customers.
- Perform root cause analysis using log files and system diagnostics.
Learning & Professional Development
- Spend a minimum of 10% of weekly time on professional development.
- Work with the VSA team lead to identify areas for improvement and address them through online courses, peer tutoring, and self-learning.
- 5+ Years of industry experience
- Highly proficient in Java
- Degree level qualification in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with an Agile/Lean process using tools like Jira and Confluence
- Experience with source control, preferably Git with GitLab
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- A track record of being a motivated and productive contributor
- Experience maintaining and improving existing code
- Linux development
- Experience with: VMware vSphere(ESXi), Microsoft Hyper-V, KVM.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
Salary and benefits
We believe that our people’s wellbeing and development are key to our success and we offer benefits to our employees with this in mind including:
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Competitive Salary
- Ample Vacation Days
- Structured Development and access to a range of Training Materials
- Fantastic Life and Medical Benefits
- Pension contributions