StorMagic is looking for a skilled, highly motivated Pre-Sales Engineer to join our highly regarded Technical Services team. The team regularly receives feedback such as: “Only 5 stars? I’d have readily given 10. This call was part of an ongoing major issue for us and I’m very pleased with the professional, knowledgeable and readily available support provided by StorMagic and the team. I don’t believe there was any element I would suggest could have been improved. A very happy customer!”
Reporting to the Director of Technical Services, the right candidate for this position is a proactive, self-starter with who can provide quality customer service and technical support to users of StorMagic software producsts. Quality customer service is key as you will be engaging with a variety of customers from non-technical reps to extremely technical Enterprise Engineers.
This role will be based remotely in the United States.
Who we are
StorMagic is an international software company, founded in 2006 with ambitious plans for growth. We started as a software-defined storage company but through recent acquisitions in enterprise key management and digital asset management software, we are now focussed on delivering software solutions that meet the growing needs of customers at the edge.
Data generated at the edge is growing exponentially and customers are having issues storing, protecting and using all of this data to help them analyze and grow their business. Industry analysts projected that the amount of data created globally outside the datacenter and cloud to be 10% just 2 years ago and project that it will be 75% by 2025.
Our existing products, SvSAN, SvKMS and ARQvault, simplify storage, security and digital asset management at the edge by enabling simple, robust and flexible solutions for large and small enterprises. We have over 1,600 customers around the world that trust us to deliver.
At StorMagic, we view collaboration as one of our main drivers for success and we are open to all our employees to share their thoughts and ideas to help both to turn our bold vision into a reality and to make StorMagic a great place to work.
- Provide pre-sales support for the Sales team, offering guidance and support to customers during the sales process
- Successfully facilitating solution discovery, solution overview, and technical deep-dive sessions with customers
- Communicating with prospective customers, assisting and guiding them through their evaluation and selection process
- Building environments tailored to customer requirements as proof of concept during the sales lifecycle to illustrate product capabilities and how they align specifically with customer objectives
- Participating in writing proposals in response to RFIs / RFPs that showcase how the product line can satisfy customer requirements with an attractive ROI
- Acting as the customer advocate and liaison to the product management and development teams
- Establishing relationships with key customer business and technical advocates that have the power to drive long-term solution adoption within their company
- Presenting and demonstrating the product offerings relevant to customer objectives remotely and on-site, including partners and end-users
- Assist and enable StorMagic partners/resellers/systems integrators to propose and sell the solution by assisting with environment sizing, technical queries/questions
- Understand the different roles and responsibilities of our customers to help put the StorMagic story in their context
- Attend events as technical resource, engaging with customers to understand the StorMagic offering
- Creating/assisting in the creation of technical content for use by the marketing team
- Customer engagements
- Proof of concepts
- Technical marketing
- Partner enablement
Salary and benefits
We believe that our people’s wellbeing and development are key to our success and we offer benefits to our employees with this in mind including:
- Competitive Salary
- Ample Vacation Days
- Structured Development and access to a range of Training Materials
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Fantastic Life and Medical Benefits
- Generous Pension/401K contributions
Candidates must have some exposure to most of the skills listed below:
- Good understanding of:
- Video Surveillance
- Security requirements
- 3+ years of related presales experience/hands on delivery implementation related work
- Must have good oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with various IT teams and business representatives
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to effectively collaborate and work with others in a remote work environment
- Must be flexible with changing priorities and requirements
- Must perform production support tasks involving on-call responsibilities that would involve both during and after work hours
- Must be committed to incorporating security and understanding its impacts to enterprise customers
To apply for this position, please click here and follow the instructions.