StorMagic is recruiting a Product Manager to help us plan our future product direction and bring those features and products to market. As we are a small, but fast growing company this role will involve working with all departments within the company – including the executive team – without the typical “bureaucracy” found in larger organizations. This is a perfect role for a technical marketer with great business acumen that thrives in an entrepreneurial environment. If you love technology, working across departmental boundaries and have a knack for product planning – we’d love to talk to you.
This is a work from home/remote employment role – with some travel expected.
Who we are
StorMagic is an international software company, founded in 2006 with ambitious plans for growth. We started as a software-defined storage company but through recent acquisitions in enterprise key management and digital asset management software, we are now focussed on delivering software solutions that meet the growing needs of customers at the edge.
Data generated at the edge is growing exponentially and customers are having issues storing, protecting and using all of this data to help them analyze and grow their business. Industry analysts projected that the amount of data created globally outside the datacenter and cloud to be 10% just 2 years ago and project that it will be 75% by 2025.
Our existing products, SvSAN, SvKMS and ARQvault, simplify storage, security and digital asset management at the edge by enabling simple, robust and flexible solutions for large and small enterprises. We have over 1,600 customers around the world that trust us to deliver.
At StorMagic, we view collaboration as one of our main drivers for success and we are open to all our employees to share their thoughts and ideas to help both to turn our bold vision into a reality and to make StorMagic a great place to work.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Product vision – Work with the Chief Technology Officer by contributing and defining the shared product vision and shaping the short- and long-term product roadmaps.
- Roadmap development – Research markets, gather customer requirements, talk to analysts, understand the competition, work with engineering on “what will it take” and use your knowledge and experience to propose roadmap ideas for approval by the executive team.
- Product Planning – For new products on the roadmap, dive deep into customer requirements and develop features that the dev team can go execute on.
- Product Launch – Provide all the product info needed by the rest of the company to execute on world-class global launches and lead the cross-functional team to execute.
- Product Expert – Support the sales team by interacting with customers and partners, writing white papers and solution briefs – represent the company and our products to help drive revenue.
Requirements of the Candidate:
- Bachelors/University Degree (technical field preferred), MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years professional work experience as a product manager
- Experience in the server, storage, and/or virtualization market. It is desired that the person will also have some experience in the video surveillance or digital evidence management industry.
- Experience working in the storage, server, virtualization and/or networking industries.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching successful products
- Proven product & roadmap planning experience (product marketing roles don’t count in this case).
- Demonstrated ability to write internal and externally facing documents (MRDs, Launch guides, white papers, etc….)
- Be a resource for the sales team and interact with customers – be a product expert to help promote StorMagic’s current and future products.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and informally lead teams to successful launches
- Ability to “roll up your sleeves” and work with architects, engineers, sales and other departments to develop ideas and figure out what is possible, schedules, etc.. Ability to build relationships with dev team.
- Self-motivated: work from home, disciplined, organized and self-motivated
- Excellent powerpoint creation and presentation skills – particularly with customers and executives
- Be data driven, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a strong attention to detail
- Experience with licensing, pricing, SKU and pricebook planning
- Willing/ability to travel approximately 25% of the time
Salary and benefits
We believe that our people’s wellbeing and development are key to our success and we offer benefits to our employees with this in mind including:
- Competitive Salary
- Ample Vacation Days
- Structured Development and access to a range of Training Materials
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Fantastic Life and Medical Benefits
- Matched 401K Contributions
To apply for this position, please click here and follow the instructions.