Location: Austin, Texas; Charlotte, North Carolina; United States, or remote, working from home
Employment Type: Full-time
StorMagic is a UK HQ’d software-defined storage company disrupting the traditional storage market by making the complex simple. Our product, SvSAN simplifies storage at the edge by enabling simple, affordable hyperconverged infrastructure for large and small enterprises. Launched in 2010, StorMagic SvSAN has replaced traditional storage solutions in North America, Europe and Asia across a wide range of vertical industries.
Our growing community of over 1,000 customers has deployed from one to thousands of sites. They are typically large enterprises with business-critical IT systems at the edge and SMEs simply wanting to lower the cost and complexity of their IT systems. Customers include major brands such as The Home Depot, Unilever, Bayer, Lockheed Martin and United Healthcare as well as countless SMB, local government and education organizations.
We’re looking to accelerate our brand recognition, revenue growth and customer acquisition rate. We believe marketing has a key role to make that happen. Can you help us?
Overview of the role
StorMagic is recruiting a Public & Analyst Relations Specialist to join our dynamic global marketing team. Our new team member will be a master storyteller and planner, skilled at relationship building and driven to influence our industry’s third-party influencers. StorMagic’s PR/AR Specialist’s primary responsibilities will be to support various public relations projects and facilitate regular communications with the data storage and security analyst community, to promote and protect the StorMagic brand.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Provide PR Program Support – Write press releases, case studies and bylined articles. Identify and submit awards nominations and speaking opportunities. Support Customer Reference Program activities. Develop and regularly update the StorMagic press kit. Project management for press conferences and special media events.
- Manage AR Program Plan – Create and execute strategic analyst plans to regularly inform and influence our top tier contacts. Develop and track analyst activities, and map results to AR program goals and support strategic company initiatives. Research, identify and recommend analyst projects that maximize company visibility and support lead generation programs.
- Manage Analyst Communications and Relationship Development– Schedule regular updates to inform and educate the analyst community on company news. Develop presentations and other supporting materials, coordinate briefings with analysts, and provide background preparation for StorMagic spokespeople before interactions. Deliver strategic recommendations on messaging, positioning and launch planning to StorMagic executives based on analyst feedback. Capture and conduct follow-up activity with analysts on deadline. Maximize our Gartner contract through scheduling and tracking regular interactions and briefings, through project management and by conducting follow up.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- A highly-organized team player with the ability to self-motivate, manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet deadlines and achieve goals
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and independent judgement skills to oversee and execute complex projects
- Superior writing, communications and presentation development skills
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and manage projects and document reviews between multiple internal divisions and departments (i.e. executives, marcom, product management, engineering)
- Established contacts in the data storage and security industries with press and analysts firms including Gartner, The 451Group, ESG, Forrester Research, GigaOm, IDC and others is strongly preferred
- Prior Gartner contract experience is strongly preferred
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, English, Marketing, Public Relations or equivalent
- 3-5 years PR/AR experience for a technology company
To apply for any of these positions, please send your CV to [email protected]