StorMagic is looking to fill a position of QA Engineer reporting to the QA Team Lead, the successful candidate will be one of our quality advocates responsible for product integrity across the breadth of the product suite through inception to delivery. We are looking for someone who is a motivated self-starter that can work autonomously and look for every opportunity to take on new challenges and responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be someone who is capable of operating in all areas of the quality assurance discipline including manual, regression, and automated testing.
QA is an essential and integral part of the Engineering team and are involved with ensuring proper testing for newly written code, addressing technical debt, modernizing and driving the testing process towards the gold standard of test and quality.
This is a work from home/remote role.
Who We Are
StorMagic is an international software company, founded in 2006 with ambitious plans for growth. We started as a software-defined storage company but through recent acquisitions in enterprise key management and digital asset management software, we are now focussed on delivering software solutions that meet the growing needs of customers at the edge.
Data generated at the edge is growing exponentially and customers are having issues storing, protecting and using all of this data to help them analyze and grow their business. Industry analysts projected that the amount of data created globally outside the datacenter and cloud to be 10% just 2 years ago and project that it will be 75% by 2025.
Our existing products, SvSAN, SvKMS and ARQvault, simplify storage, security and digital asset management at the edge by enabling simple, robust and flexible solutions for large and small enterprises. We have over 1,600 customers around the world that trust us to deliver.
At StorMagic, we view collaboration as one of our main drivers for success and we are open to all our employees to share their thoughts and ideas to help both to turn our bold vision into a reality and to make StorMagic a great place to work.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with the QA team and QA team lead as directed to execute testing activities on all software projects
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts, integrating them with the CI framework
- Perform regression testing when necessary and appropriate
- File new bug and problem reports, system improvements in Jira in accordance with QA and development procedures
- Work closely with the development teams keeping each abreast of findings, changes, and overarching product quality
- Be an active participant in the development planning phase, championing issues that need to be addressed
- Identify areas of risk and raise quality concerns sooner rather than later
- Be a contributor during the design phase for development, reviewing design notes and identifying areas of concern with regards to design and test
- Work with the development team to plan test cases and testing procedures for newly written code created by development
- Create and execute on test plans for newly written code within a release cycle
Requirements of the Candidate
- 5+ Years of Quality experience
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- A track record of being a motivated and productive contributor
- Have superb communication and time management skills
- Proficient with Python, Java, Jira, Confluence, Git (GitHub or GitLab), Office 365, and Jenkins
- Linux Experience
- A background in storage and understanding of the hardware and software
- Experience with Night Watch, Selenium, or other front end testing framework
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
Salary and benefits
We believe that our people’s wellbeing and development are key to our success and we offer benefits to our employees with this in mind including:
- Competitive Salary
- Ample Vacation Days
- Structured Development and access to a range of Training Materials (StorMagic will provide you with training, tools, and a team of professionals to support your efforts.)
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Fantastic Life and Medical Benefits
To apply for this position, please click here and follow the instructions.