StorMagic is looking for a skilled, technically experienced, self-starting individual to join us as a key member of our engineering team. Working in the Development department, you will be joining an experienced team, specifically responsible for our SvKMS product.
This is a key role in the business developing SvKMS, an innovative enterprise Encryption Key Management platform that occupies a unique position in the Key Management and Security space. Our focus is on delivering small footprint, ultra-relevant, scalable, software-based and embeddable key management solutions for on-premise enterprise, cloud, and SaaS environments.
This role can be based remotely or in our office in Victoria, British Columbia. While our office is located in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada we are open to speaking with all qualified candidates. Due to the impact of Covid-19 we are currently all working remotely and fully support our staff in looking after themselves and their loved ones.
Who we are
StorMagic is an international software-defined storage company disrupting the traditional storage market by making the complex simple. Our products, SvSAN and SvKMS, simplify storage and security at the edge by enabling simple, affordable virtualized infrastructure for large and small enterprises. SvSAN and SvKMS have replaced traditional storage and security solutions in North America, Europe and Asia across a wide range of vertical industries.
At StorMagic we view collaboration as one of our main drivers for success and we are open to all our employees to share their thoughts and ideas to help both grow the business and make StorMagic a great place to work.
- Design, code, review, and test our SvKMS product suite in collaboration with other developers, quality assurance, and Product Management
- Participate with planning and design of new services and features
- Stay current with industry trends, techniques and technology
- Work with our Technical Services team on pre-sales and support
- Work with a team to update and maintain our cloud service infrastructure
Salary and benefits
We believe that our people’s well-being and development are key to our success and we offer benefits to our employees with this in mind including:
- Competitive Salary
- Ample Vacation Days
- Structured Development and access to a range of Training Materials
- Flexible Working Hours
- Life and Medical Benefits
The ideal candidate should have experience and expertise in the following:
- A minimum of 5+ Years of industry experience working with Enterprise Software.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent job experience
- Fluency in English (written and oral)
- Experience developing with Java, containerized architectures, and ElasticSearch
- Experience in deploying and configuring web-based applications
- Experience in various Iaas cloud services
- Proficiency with source code management systems such as Git
- Experience developing and consuming RESTful APIs with JSON and/or XML
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
- Team Leadership experience
- Familiarity with cryptography concepts
- Experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Google Cloud or similar cloud infrastructure providers
- Experience with open source Java libraries and Jetty, Guice, Log4j, JUnit 4
- Familiarity with the data security industry and willingness to learn
- Experience with JIRA, Slack, Confluence, GSuite
- Efficiency – able to produce a significant output with minimal effort and resources
- Strong Organizational Skills – able to efficiently plan own schedule and prioritize key tasks. Multi-tasking will be a key skill in this role.
- Analytical skills – able to process data and draw insightful conclusions. Exhibits technical inquisitive mindset giving quality insights.
- Communication – able to communicate in both a technical and non-technical manner
- Collaborative – willing to contribute to the ongoing performance of the team and wider business.
To apply for any of these positions, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org