StorMagic is looking to fill a position of Senior Software Engineer reporting to the Engineering Team Lead, the successful candidate will be responsible for organic development as well as integration of open source. You will touch several aspects of the software stack (except for UX and web development) – as well as opportunities to work in cutting edge areas around security, observability and monitoring, new ways for the separation of control and data plane, high-performance solutions, storage, and cloud.
Strong candidates will also have demonstrated the ability to have developed software solutions that are highly distributive and scale massively. You will need to be capable of bringing a given design from develop to test successfully and a the desire to be challenged with new languages, design paradigms, and methodologies.
This is a work from home/remote role.
Who We Are
StorMagic is an international software company, founded in 2006 with ambitious plans for growth. We started as a software-defined storage company but through recent acquisitions in enterprise key management and digital asset management software, we are now focussed on delivering software solutions that meet the growing needs of customers at the edge.
Data generated at the edge is growing exponentially and customers are having issues storing, protecting and using all of this data to help them analyze and grow their business. Industry analysts projected that the amount of data created globally outside the datacenter and cloud to be 10% just 2 years ago and project that it will be 75% by 2025.
Our existing products, SvSAN, SvKMS and ARQvault, simplify storage, security and digital asset management at the edge by enabling simple, robust and flexible solutions for large and small enterprises. We have over 1,600 customers around the world that trust us to deliver.
At StorMagic, we view collaboration as one of our main drivers for success and we are open to all our employees to share their thoughts and ideas to help both to turn our bold vision into a reality and to make StorMagic a great place to work.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work on products that bring our new visions around data management, edge processing, and video to fruition
- Collaborate with team members to help you develop the best solutions
- Work closely with QA and integration, delivering unit tests as well as to collaborate through issues and bug
- Work closely with technical services and support to help solve customer issues
- Participate in the design creation and review process with technical leads and architects
- Participate in bringing in new open source, tools, and approaches to the team to improve the development team’s velocity
Requirements of the Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Storage experience or knowledge of one or more of these types: SAN, NAS, and Object – file systems understanding is nice to have
- Edge based development experience – especially around being able to efficiently move data from edge to services, storage, or even the cloud
- Basic understanding of networking
- System programming experience – especially around sockets
- Experience developing platform and hardware agnostic solutions
- Experience with some open-source packages, integration, and life-cycle approaches
- Good object-oriented programming
- Familiar with agile software development methodologies, including continuous integration
- Experience in development tools such as git, JIRA, confluence, and Coverity
- Experience with at least one of these: Linux and Windows — as a development platform and deployment target
- Experience in one or two of these languages: C, C++, Go, Python, Lua, and shell
Salary and benefits
We believe that our people’s wellbeing and development are key to our success and we offer benefits to our employees with this in mind including:
- Competitive Salary
- Ample Vacation Days
- Structured Development and access to a range of Training Materials (StorMagic will provide you with training, tools, and a team of professionals to support your efforts.)
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Fantastic Life and Medical Benefits
To apply for this position, please click here and follow the instructions.