Location: Bristol, UK
Reports to: Software Development Manager
StorMagic is a rapidly growing software-defined storage company and one of the leading players within the highly disruptive hyperconverged infrastructure market. With customers ranging from national brand retailers to US HQ’d global brands and SMEs across multiple verticals, we are looking for an exceptional individual willing to embrace disruption and happy to challenge the status quo of a 40 year industry.
The successful candidate would be joining an established team that have worked together in the storage industry for over 20 years. Exciting new opportunities are emerging as we look to extend our existing platform for clustered storage in a virtualised environment. We are looking to expand our current UI management team to assist in the rapid development of a new HTML5 UI.
Key to our requirements is a motivated and talented backend web developer that can demonstrate excellent Python knowledge, and an ability to interface to numerous different backend technologies. These include C libraries, ORM mappings to databases, and other existing python applications. Providing consistent web and API services to front end developers will also be a key part of the role. An understanding of building single page applications with demonstrable examples are a plus but not essential.
- Working closely with peers using cutting edge technology stacks. Linux, HTML5, database integration and Python
- Maintaining, troubleshooting and bug fixing python code
- Gathering requirements and presenting ideas for different solutions
- Assisting other teams within the business such as customer support and QA
- Maintain and extend existing API’s for frontend developers
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Degree in computer science or similar field.
- At least 2 years experience in a web development environment
- Demonstrable experience with design / implementation of web based user interfaces
- Experience of writing unit tests to verify code
- Experience with SCM tools such as git, cvs or similar
- Experience working in an environment with Continuous Integration
- Understanding of frontend web development using standard libraries/frameworks such as React / AngularJS / jQuery
- Design – Generate creative solutions
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations
- Development – Scripting capabilities and understanding of framework
- Communication, able to present ideas
- Ability to complete work to agreed deadlines
Salary and benefits
Competitive salary and attractive benefits.
StorMagic is a UK HQ’d software-defined storage company disrupting the traditional storage market by making the complex simple. Our product, SvSAN simplifies storage at the edge by enabling simple, affordable hyperconverged infrastructure for large and small enterprises. Launched in 2010, StorMagic SvSAN has replaced traditional storage solutions in North America, Europe and Asia across a wide range of vertical industries.
Our growing community of over 1,000 customers has deployed from one to thousands of sites. They are typically large enterprises with business-critical IT systems at the edge and SMEs simply wanting to lower the cost and complexity of their IT systems. Customers include major brands such as The Home Depot, Unilever, Bayer, Lockheed Martin and UnitedHealthcare as well as countless SMB, local government and education organizations.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to [email protected]