According to the research firm Gartner, the events of 2020 have accelerated cloud adoption to the point that technology leaders should follow “cloud first” as a guiding principle. However, while “cloud first” may be the new standard, data still exists in multiple locations across the enterprise and a “security first” paradigm goes hand-in-hand with cloud adoption.
StorMagic recognizes that modern IT departments require seamless protection of encryption keys, secrets, and credentials. They need an encryption key management solution that works across multiple applications and use cases, and for on-premise, cloud, multi-cloud, and hybrid environments. Satisfying these complex requirements with a single, integrated key management platform, deployed in the cloud, has many advantages. Benefits include:
- Reduced Latency: Placing the key management near the data protection workload reduces latency significantly
- Reduced Cost: Reduced cost of maintaining a key management system
- Simplicity: One, centralized key management platform to consolidate multiple key management silos
- Control: Adhere to cloud first principles while still maintaining control of encryption keys
StorMagic is a pioneer in the Key Management as a Service (KMaaS) space, with a KMaaS offering designed for modern, diverse data protection workflows such as SaaS, PaaS and IoT devices. The offering’s flexible and robust architecture is designed to handle a variety of encryption key management needs. With StorMagic KMaaS customers can take advantage of:
- The flexibility of StorMagic’s on-prem SvKMS key manager that is entirely cloud-based, with nothing to maintain.
- The ability to integrate with several of the most popular cloud service providers through Bring Your Own Key (BYOK).
- Support of the Key Management Interoperability Protocol (KMIP) to integrate with modern applications that enable encryption.
- Access to a powerful RESTful API for complex use cases and unique integrations.
- Support for a range of environments, including on-prem, cloud instances, hybrid, and multi-cloud.
By making key management easy to set up and maintain, and flexible enough to adapt to any encryption use case, StorMagic KMaaS truly simplifies data protection, regardless of how complex a cryptosystem is.
Interested in learning more about StorMagic KMaaS? Visit our product page, download our data sheet, and check out our infographic for additional information about the offering. You can also reach out to our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Subscribe to receive the latest updates and articles from StorMagic:
By clicking subscribe above, you consent to allow StorMagic to store and process the personal information submitted and for StorMagic to contact you via telephone and email in relation to your request. StorMagic is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and we’ll only use your personal information to provide the products and services you requested from us. You may unsubscribe from StorMagic marketing communications at any time. For more information on how to unsubscribe, our privacy practices, and how we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, please review our Data Protection Policy.