StorMagic is looking to fill a position of Support Engineer. Reporting to the Support Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for remotely supporting customers across multiple software solutions. We are looking for someone who is a motivated, proactive self-starter able to engage with representatives of vary degrees of technical knowledge. The ideal candidate will have a passion and desire for delivering great service and improving the value the Company brings to it’s users.
StorMagic is extremely proud of its Technical Services team providing quality customer service and technical support to users of StorMagic software products. The team is all fully VCP certified, any successful candidate would either have or be expected to undertake this certification.
The team regularly receives such feedback as: “Only 5 stars? I’d have readily given 10. This call was part of an ongoing major issue for us and I’m very pleased with the professional, knowledgeable, and readily available support provided by StorMagic and the team. I don’t believe there was any element I would suggest could have been improved. A very happy customer!”
This is a work from home/remote role, however the ideal candidate will be preferably in or around the Bristol area in order to attend meetings at the Bristol office on occasion.
Who we are
StorMagic is an international software company, founded in 2006 with ambitious plans for growth. We started as a software-defined storage company but through recent acquisitions in enterprise key management and digital asset management software, we are now focussed on delivering software solutions that meet the growing needs of customers at the edge.
Data generated at the edge is growing exponentially and customers are having issues storing, protecting and using all of this data to help them analyze and grow their business. Industry analysts projected that the amount of data created globally outside the datacenter and cloud to be 10% just 2 years ago and project that it will be 75% by 2025.
Our existing products, SvSAN, SvKMS and ARQvault, simplify storage, security and digital asset management at the edge by enabling simple, robust and flexible solutions for large and small enterprises. We have over 1,600 customers around the world that trust us to deliver.
At StorMagic, we view collaboration as one of our main drivers for success and we are open to all our employees to share their thoughts and ideas to help both to turn our bold vision into a reality and to make StorMagic a great place to work.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understand and adapt to customers technical and language abilities to communicate effectively and provide outstanding customer support.
- Track and resolve customer issues through support tickets promptly and accurately.
- Working a customer issue start to finish or handing off to colleagues at the appropriate stage.
- Support StorMagic customers and resellers with new installations and any issues which may arise, throughout the software solution lifecycle, including troubleshooting and fault-finding issues relating to:
- configuration, environmental issues, or hardware failures
- Assist customers with changes to installations, infrastructure, and systems.
- Bring agility and flexibility to context switch tasks as needed to get to the most expedient and best resolution for the end-user.
- Project focused work
- Creating/assisting in the creation of, maintaining and updating technical documentation for other engineers both internal and external.
- Maintain tools and processes necessary to support the reseller channel as it pertains specifically to the post sale support of the company’s products.
- Identify problem areas within documentation, tickets, customer issues and escalate to management.
- Maintain and continually improve personal understanding of technical concepts and technology.
- Liaise with other teams both within technical services and other departments to provide effective solutions to technical problems.
- Perform production support tasks involving on-call responsibilities involving potential during and after work hours.
- There will be a requirement to be on-call for evenings and weekends 1 week a month.
Requirements of the Candidate:
It is essential that Candidates possess the following:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to maintain a high level of productivity in a fast-paced, team environment while managing multiple competing priorities.
- Candidates must have some exposure to most of the technologies listed below:
- Delivering best of breed remote support.
- Virtualization platforms (VMware, Hyper-V, KVM).
- Proven networking skills: TCP/IP, Routing.
- Storage: RAID, iSCSI, caching.
- Video surveillance.
In addition it would be desirable for Candidates to have the following:
- 2+ years’ experience in storage & virtualization in a field facing engineering capacity
- Experience with software defined storage and/or hyperconverged solutions
- Proven server visualization, architecture, and implementation expertise
- Proven storage experience with RAID and iSCSI; other storage experience advantageous.
- Experience writing knowledge base articles
- Current VMware VCP
- Working knowledge of VMware VM encryption and key management systems
Salary and benefits
We believe that our people’s wellbeing and development are key to our success and we offer benefits to our employees with this in mind including:
- Competitive Salary
- Ample Vacation Days
- Structured Development and access to a range of Training Materials (StorMagic will provide you with training, tools, and a team of professionals to support your efforts.)
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Fantastic Life and Medical Benefits
To apply for this position, please click here and follow the instructions.