StorMagic is looking for a skilled, highly motivated Support Manager to help lead our highly regarded Technical Services team. The team regularly receives feedback such as: “Only 5 stars? I’d have readily given 10. This call was part of an ongoing major issue for us and I’m very pleased with the professional, knowledgeable and readily available support provided by StorMagic and the team. I don’t believe there was any element I would suggest could have been improved. A very happy customer!”
Reporting to the Director of Technical Services, the right candidate for this position is a proactive, self-starting people manager with experience and passion for building and supporting teams and helping individuals realise their potential. The candidate should also be capable of operating in all areas of the technical support discipline and be confident providing support for multiple software products.
This role will be based in Bristol however will be remote during the pandemic due to our offices being closed.
Who we are
StorMagic is an international software company, founded in 2006 with ambitious plans for growth. We started as a software-defined storage company but through recent acquisitions in enterprise key management and digital asset management software, we are now focussed on delivering software solutions that meet the growing needs of customers at the edge.
Data generated at the edge is growing exponentially and customers are having issues storing, protecting and using all of this data to help them analyze and grow their business. Industry analysts projected that the amount of data created globally outside the datacenter and cloud to be 10% just 2 years ago and project that it will be 75% by 2025.
Our existing products, SvSAN, SvKMS and ARQvault, simplify storage, security and digital asset management at the edge by enabling simple, robust and flexible solutions for large and small enterprises. We have over 1,600 customers around the world that trust us to deliver.
At StorMagic, we view collaboration as one of our main drivers for success and we are open to all our employees to share their thoughts and ideas to help both to turn our bold vision into a reality and to make StorMagic a great place to work.
- Empowering a team of support engineers and serving as a liaison between Technical Services and Engineering
- Be focal point and peer for the support team, ensuring high standards are consistently preserved, recognising strengths and weaknesses and acting on them
- Mentoring of the support team to analyse and implement suitable solutions and training
- Reviewing technical support requirements between Support and Engineering teams, with a view to creating efficient support solutions
- Working in an integrated environment across multiple technologies
- Ability to highlight and implement service improvements
- Technical knowledge of virtualization, storage, networking and scripting
- Ensure the team follow best practice and internal processes
- Update and expand existing knowledge base, ensuring internal documentation is a valuable resource for Engineers and further project implementation
- Use problem-solving skills to investigate, diagnose and resolve complex issues
- Be focal point for customer escalations
- Exercise leadership and share technical expertise to enable the team to analyze issues
- On-call responsibilities as part of shared team rotation is required
- Be focal point for customer escalations
A key part of your role will involving working with the Technical Services team to maintain up to date metrics on:
- Ticket severity levels
- Customer satisfaction, feedback & Net Promotor Score
- Time to ticket resolution
- Time management within the team
- Project work
- Shift management
Salary and benefits
We believe that our people’s wellbeing and development are key to our success and we offer benefits to our employees with this in mind including:
- Competitive Salary
- Ample Vacation Days
- Structured Development and access to a range of Training Materials
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Fantastic Life and Medical Benefits
- Generous Pension/401K contributions
- 3+ years of related experience in management or team lead capacity
- Proven track record in delivering an excellent service to customers and key stakeholders
- Good understanding of:
- Security requirements
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to identify root cause and implement controlled changes
- Must be able to demonstrate technical ability at all support levels
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Provide support ROTA coverage as required
- Must possess strong skill in leadership and coaching
- Must have good oral and written communication skills to effectively interact with various IT teams and business representatives
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to effectively collaborate and work with others in a remote work environment
- Must be flexible with changing priorities and requirements
- Must perform production support tasks involving on-call responsibilities that would involve both during and after work hours
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
To apply for this position, please click here and follow the instructions.