Location: Bristol, UK
Reports to: Technical Support Manager
StorMagic is a rapidly growing software-defined storage company and one of the leading players within the highly disruptive hyperconverged infrastructure market. With customers ranging from national brand retailers to US HQ’d global brands and SMEs across multiple verticals, we are looking for a skilled technical support engineer to join our global support team.
- Support StorMagic Customers and Resellers with new installations and any issues which may arise.
- Maintain post sales processes.
- Responsible for the maintenance of tools and processes necessary to support the reseller channel as it pertains specifically to the post sale support of the company’s products.
- Help with changes and new installations to infrastructure and systems.
- Help maintain current infrastructure and systems.
- Will share responsibility for out of hours calls with other team members. This includes 24/7 worldwide support.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Current VMware VCP advantageous
- 2+ years’ experience in storage & virtualization in a field facing engineering capacity
- Experience with software defined storage and/or hyperconverged solutions
- Proven server visualization, architecture and implementation expertise
- Proven networking skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity in a fast-paced, team environment while managing multiple competing priorities
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral)
- Experience writing knowledge base articles
- High energy level and positive attitude
- Analytical – Synthesises complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Design – Generates creative solutions.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations.
- Ability to work alone and maintain self-motivation
- Team Work – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Develops innovative approaches and ideas
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals in the best interests of the company.
- Development – Scripting capabilities and understanding of frame work
Salary and benefits
Competitive salary and attractive benefits to be shared with interviewed candidates.
StorMagic is a UK HQ’d software-defined storage company disrupting the traditional storage market by making the complex simple. Our product, SvSAN simplifies storage at the edge by enabling simple, affordable hyperconverged infrastructure for large and small enterprises. Launched in 2010, StorMagic SvSAN has replaced traditional storage solutions in North America, Europe and Asia across a wide range of vertical industries.
Our growing community of over 1,000 customers has deployed from one to thousands of sites. They are typically large enterprises with business-critical IT systems at the edge and SMEs simply wanting to lower the cost and complexity of their IT systems. Customers include major brands such as The Home Depot, Unilever, Bayer, Lockheed Martin and UnitedHealthcare as well as countless SMB, local government and education organizations.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to [email protected]