Location: Bristol, UK
Reports to: Lead Software Test Engineer
StorMagic is a rapidly growing software-defined storage company and one of the leading players within the highly disruptive hyperconverged infrastructure market. With customers ranging from national brand retailers to US HQ’d global brands and SMEs across multiple verticals, we are looking for an exceptional individual willing to embrace disruption and happy to challenge the status quo of a 40 year industry.
Test automation engineer, within the Automation test team. Main responsibilities will be focused on.
- Identifying and specifying test-requirements in Jira.
- Specifying the test steps needed to test a test-requirement, in Jira.
- Coding the Automation of test steps to satisfy test requirements, usually in Python.
- Ensuring test data is logged to Jira as expected and all failures are promptly triaged.
Additional expected ancillary tasks will revolve around the continued improvement of testing approaches, infrastructure usage, test result stability and reporting to ensure product quality.
A good candidate will have a technical background, preferably including in-depth knowledge of hardware and storage benchmarking utilities such as FIO. Administration depth knowledge in Linux would be an advantage as would in depth knowledge of Windows. You will be experienced in an object oriented language, preferably python. You will ideally have experience implementing continuous integration, via Git/Jenkins would be an advantage.
Experience with Virtual Machines (e.g. with one or more of ESXi, Hyper-V, KVM) would be an advantage.
You will be an effective communicator and proactive in issue resolution, confident in contributing to improving how you work, how the team works and how the company works.
The automation team
- Responsible for test-requirement generation and logging in Jira
- Responsible for transitioning test requirements to test steps in Jira
- Responsible for automating the test steps outlined in Jira
- Urgent triage of tests fails, ensuring bugs are raised and test failures are resolved
- Liaise with other teams to establish automation requirements
- Participate in continuous improvement relating to making effective use of infrastructure and tools
- Participate in ensuring the quality of automation results and progress
- Contribute to strategies which increase test coverage across the product lines, not limited to suggesting and proof-of-concept of other test tools and approaches if applicable. (subject to deliverables and bandwidth)
Required skills / experience
- 2+ years full time industry exposure to software testing principles and techniques.
- 2+ years full time experience in test automation and performance testing
- 2+ years Linux experience
- 2+ years commercial development in an OO language, preferably Python
- Version control experience with tools such as Git and Gitlab
- Issue and management tracking tools such as JIRA, Bugzilla, Rally
- Contribute to planning, coordinating and supporting automated test activities and test resources
Desirable skills / experience
- Python development. Familiarity with pytest would also be an advantage
- Familiarity with SCSI, iSCSI and storage validation
- Experience with web testing using Selenium and Selenium Hub would be an advantage
- Demonstrable experience applying testing principles at all levels of software testing from unit testing through to system and acceptance testing
- Management of Virtual Machines (e.g. with one or more of ESXi, Hyper-V, KVM)
- Linux administration experience
- Storage performance testing using tools such as IOMeter and FIO
- Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins
- Management of containers (e.g. Docker)
- Understanding and successful participation in Agile software projects
- Optimizing the continuous integration pipeline
- Familiar with the concept of Shift left
- ISEB / ISTQB foundation or above certification
- Experience developing C and ShellScript
Salary and benefits
Competitive salary and attractive benefits.
StorMagic is a UK HQ’d software-defined storage company disrupting the traditional storage market by making the complex simple. Our product, SvSAN simplifies storage at the edge by enabling simple, affordable hyperconverged infrastructure for large and small enterprises. Launched in 2010, StorMagic SvSAN has replaced traditional storage solutions in North America, Europe and Asia across a wide range of vertical industries.
Our growing community of over 1,000 customers has deployed from one to thousands of sites. They are typically large enterprises with business-critical IT systems at the edge and SMEs simply wanting to lower the cost and complexity of their IT systems. Customers include major brands such as The Home Depot, Unilever, Bayer, Lockheed Martin and UnitedHealthcare as well as countless SMB, local government and education organizations.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to [email protected]