Location: Bristol, UK
StorMagic is a rapidly growing software-defined storage company and one of the leading players within the highly disruptive hyperconverged infrastructure market. With a wide range of customers from known international brand retailers and SMEs across multiple verticals, we are looking for an exceptional individual willing to embrace disruption and happy to challenge the status quo of a 40 year old industry.
The successful candidate would be joining an established team that has over 20 years’ experience in the storage industry. Exciting new opportunities are emerging as we look to extend our existing platform for clustered storage in a virtualised environment. We are expanding our QA engineering team to provide additional DevOps services to the engineering team.
Key to our requirements is a highly motivated engineer that will join the test automation team to assist with the provision of continuous integration services. The role is varied, providing plenty of challenges with a great opportunity to learn. The ability to develop and maintain automated tests is core to the position, which provide fast feedback to developers, ensuring code quality. Other responsibilities include providing engineering services such as build automation, performance testing, resource management and triaging of issues.
- Plan, write and execute both manual and automated tests
- Work with software developers and project support teams
- Participates in the planning of projects
- Monitor applications and software systems
- Carry out stress, performance, functional and scalability testing
- Write bug reports
- Assess code and review documentation
- Work towards departmental and project deadlines
- Provide objective feedback to software development project teams
- Troubleshoot and problem solve
- Communicate findings to technical and non-technical colleagues.
Do you have what it takes? The ideal candidate may have experience and expertise in the following….
Degree level qualification in Computer Science or equivalent
At least 2 years exposure to testing software in industry
- Exposure to software testing principles and techniques
- Experience in test automation
- Development experience in an object-oriented language, preferably Python
- Experience with SCM tools such as git, CVS or similar
- Familiar with issue management tracking tools such as JIRA, Bugzilla or similar
- Experience with web-based testing using Selenium
- Understanding and experience of virtualisation
- Linux command line experience
- Experience with CI tools such as Jenkins, gitlab or similar
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Design – Generates creative solutions
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyses information skilfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations
- Development – Scripting capabilities and understanding of frameworks
- Communication – Able to present ideas
- Timely – Able to complete work to agreed deadlines
Salary and benefits
- 25 days holiday per year + bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Private medical insurance
- Life cover
- Group pension plan
- Bike to work scheme member
- Competitive salary and benefits
StorMagic is a UK based software-defined storage company disrupting the traditional storage market by making the complex simple. Our product, SvSAN, simplifies storage at the edge by enabling simple, affordable hyperconverged infrastructure for large and small enterprises. Launched in 2010, StorMagic SvSAN has replaced traditional storage solutions in North America, Europe and Asia across a wide range of vertical industries.
Our growing community of over 1,000 customers has deployed from one to thousands of sites. They are typically large enterprises with business-critical IT systems at the edge and SMEs simply wanting to lower the cost and complexity of their IT systems. Customers include major brands such as The Home Depot, Unilever, Bayer, Lockheed Martin and United Healthcare as well as countless SMB, local government and education organizations.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to [email protected]