The mindset towards onsite IT has changed drastically. Over the years there has been a gradual move away from the traditional hefty store IT infrastructure with more investment into implementing streamlined environments which are de-centralized in application control yet centralized in management.
For retail IT, ensuring uptime of critical applications across their stores is their number 1 priority as application downtime directly impacts the bottom line. But unfortunately very often more time is spent putting out metaphorical fires than metaphorically fireproofing infrastructure.
This is why enterprise IT are turning to Virtual Storage Appliances (VSA) as an alternative to or to replace their remote site Storage Area Networks. SAN solutions provide the shared storage required to ensure availability of data and applications but can create more fires than they prevent, because:
– You virtualized your store environments for simplicity and improved management. SAN solutions re-complicate these environments and require time-consuming specialist storage expertise to manage.
– SAN solutions are a high CAPEX & OPEX investment which over time requires additional upgrades and eventual retirement.
– Although a SAN solution is implemented to provide availability of data/applications, it is a single point of failure in the environment. 2 SAN solutions would be required to remedy this and could almost double your CAPEX.
StorMagic’s VSA solution, SvSAN, achieves affordable application uptime, shared storage, high availability and reliability while eliminating the need for physical storage networks at your retail stores.
StorMagic’s SvSAN is ideal for remote sites because of the following:
– Simple to use and manage.
– Significantly reduced capital costs
– Automated, fast and easy deployment over dozens, hundreds and thousands of remote sites
– Low ongoing operational costs
– Small footprint
– Hardware independence
– Excellent application performance
– True 2 server High Availability (HA) without local quorum server requirement
If you’d like to learn more about how your business can harness the power of SvSAN to build a highly available configuration, check out our latest white paper.