StorMagic is looking to fill a foundational position of Vice President of Human Resources. Reporting to the CFO, the successful candidate will be a strategic thinker and problem-solver with demonstrated ability to communicate, collaborate and connect with other people. Operating as a multinational company, it is essential that the candidate bring a solid foundation in Human Resource best practices and policies with experience operating globally in a multinational environment. With a “big startup” environment, it is also critical that the successful candidate be a hands on, roll up the sleeves get stuff done person. This is a job for a doer not just a delegator.
This is a work from home/remote role.
Who we are
StorMagic is an international software company, founded in 2006 with ambitious plans for growth. We started as a software-defined storage company but through recent acquisitions in enterprise key management and digital asset management software, we are now focussed on delivering software solutions that meet the growing needs of customers at the edge.
Data generated at the edge is growing exponentially and customers are having issues storing, protecting and using all of this data to help them analyze and grow their business. Industry analysts projected that the amount of data created globally outside the datacenter and cloud to be 10% just 2 years ago and project that it will be 75% by 2025.
Our existing products, SvSAN, SvKMS and ARQvault, simplify storage, security and digital asset management at the edge by enabling simple, robust and flexible solutions for large and small enterprises. We have over 1,600 customers around the world that trust us to deliver.
At StorMagic, we view collaboration as one of our main drivers for success and we are open to all our employees to share their thoughts and ideas to help both to turn our bold vision into a reality and to make StorMagic a great place to work.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Participate on the executive leadership team (ELT) to craft strategic and operational plans on HR matters such as compensation, recruitment, training & development etc
- Help grow and build a world class talent organization.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to keep a pulse on the organizational needs, culture and dynamics.
- Enhance the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Maintains the work structure by ensuring job requirements and job descriptions for all positions are current and updated.
- Support organization staff by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; counseling managers on candidate selection; conducting and analyzing exit interviews; and recommending changes.
- Manage a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; conducting job evaluations; working with the Head of Finance to prepare pay budgets; and recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Manage human resource staff by providing guidance, recruiting and training employees.
- Oversee all Human Resource operations to ensure they are carried out smoothly and effectively.
- Analyse and report on HR metrics to the senior management team.
Requirements of the Candidate:
- 5 years minimum experience in establishing and leading the Human Resources function, with preference given to multinational experience (operating company HR in multiple countries around the world including working knowledge of laws and customs).
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and regulations within the US, Canada, and UK.
- A recognized post-secondary degree in Human Resources or similar field.
- Demonstrated excellence in Human Resource policies, best practices and success measures.
- A proven self-starter that is constantly proactive and shoots to be the top performer.
- Actively engage, manage and drive outcomes – you don’t wait for anything to fall in your lap.
- High level of communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Fact-focused and comfortable using data to make and support decisions with a strong experience of data analysis and reporting
- Ability to structure your working schedule for achieving your targets while working in a 100% remote environment.
- Excellent communication, organisational and leadership skills
Salary and benefits
We believe that our people’s wellbeing and development are key to our success and we offer benefits to our employees with this in mind including:
- Competitive Salary
- Ample Vacation Days
- Structured Development and access to a range of Training Materials (StorMagic will provide you with training, tools, and a team of professionals to support your efforts.)
- Flexible Working Arrangements
- Fantastic Life and Medical Benefits
- 401K contributions matched up to 5%
To apply for this position, please click here and follow the instructions.