Downtime at the edge: a serious problem
Billions of dollars in revenue are lost each year as a result of downtime. It is then understandable that revenue loss is the primary concern of retailers when considering the direct impact of store downtime.
However, retail organizations have more to lose from downtime than revenue alone; customer loyalty, brand equity and employee productivity/motivation are often also affected.
So what are these organizations doing to prevent downtime?
Retail organizations, as seen in many of our case studies, are turning to Virtual Storage Appliances (VSAs) to enable High Availability (HA) in their virtualized store environments.
Implementing VSAs into existing/new 2-server virtualized store environments ensures continuous application and data availability. In other words: no more downtime.
- Provide shared storage cost-effectively
- Require no specialized training
- Enable a highly-available environment without external, shared storage
- No need for dedicated hardware
- Turn internal disk drives into a virtual SAN
- Prevent data loss from drive failures by mirroring datastores between servers
- Leverage the processing power of servers
- Scale performance and capacity as needs grow
SvSAN was standardized in over 2000 retail store branches of a major US-based retail giant. SvSAN was developed specifically to meet the growing demands of enterprise retail organizations managing multiple distributed stores and as a result has seen growing success in this sector.
To find out more about what SvSAN can do, check out our product data sheet.