As another year comes to a close, the folks at StorMagic have been spending some time reflecting on the past year and contemplating what IT trends and transformations they expect to see in 2022.
Here are some of the technology predictions our experts anticipate for the year ahead:
- Advancements to Technology: Year over year, technology continues to evolve, and 2022 will be no exception to this trend. To name a few examples, we anticipate: 1) virtual reality making moves into the healthcare, education, and manufacturing industries, 2) augmented reality becoming more prominent in the retail space and improving customer experience for online shopping, and 3) chatbots becoming more sophisticated and integrating with AR and customer relations software.
- Blockchain Utilized for Greater Data Protection: With cyber threats continuously on the rise (i.e. Ransomware, phishing, IoT attacks), organizations will devote more time and resources towards securing their valuable data in 2022. Blockchain applications will become more prominent, and utilized to create stronger barriers between organizations’ data and cyber-criminals.
- New Integrations Between Analytics and Video Data: A lack of integrations between analytics software and video have made it difficult and costly for organizations to extract value from their video data. However, in 2022, we anticipate this changing. We expect to see advancements to standard APIs in the coming year, enabling software solutions to be integrated more easily, and delivering faster value and lower costs.
- Investment in Processes and Technologies for Hybrid Work: While the COVID pandemic has caused many businesses to transition to remote work over the past couple years, few have probably stopped to consider the sustainability of this approach. For those organizations adopting a hybrid approach, with some employees working from home and others from the office, investments will need to be made in processes and technology (both hardware and software) for facilitating greater staff collaboration across work environments.
- A Shift to “Edge First” Thinking: More and more organizations will start, if they haven’t already, to think “edge first” when it comes to IT planning, procuring, and organizing, so they can take advantage of (or not be overwhelmed by) the quantity and quality of data at and from the edge and its effective utilization. Many businesses will realize the value of processing data at the edge, versus in the cloud, including faster speeds and lower costs.
While the COVID pandemic has made 2021 another strange and challenging year, businesses are learning to adapt and technology continues to evolve to address these unforeseen circumstances. We look forward to seeing what’s in store for IT in 2022!
Subscribe to receive the latest updates and articles from StorMagic:
By clicking subscribe above, you consent to allow StorMagic to store and process the personal information submitted and for StorMagic to contact you via telephone and email in relation to your request. StorMagic is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, and we’ll only use your personal information to provide the products and services you requested from us. You may unsubscribe from StorMagic marketing communications at any time. For more information on how to unsubscribe, our privacy practices, and how we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy, please review our Data Protection Policy.