SvSAN with HPE
SvSAN on HPE servers delivers the perfect combination of cost, performance and high availability for edge sites, remote and branch offices, and small datacenters
Since the EOL of StoreVirtual in December 2019, StorMagic SvSAN is being positioned as the perfect replacement for StoreVirtual. SvSAN is available as a validated end-to-end solution, through HPE and HPE-authorized resellers.
SvSAN is specifically designed to simplify edge sites, enabling high availability using any two HPE servers. SvSAN is a lightweight virtual SAN, which compliments the HPE ProLiant and Edgeline ranges.
Existing StoreVirtual customer?
StorMagic SvSAN is a two-node software-defined storage solution that is the perfect replacement for current StoreVirtual customers. Find out if SvSAN is the right fit for your organization with our comparison sheet, and see how easy it is to migrate to SvSAN using our migration guide.
StorMagic is an active member of HPE’s Partner Ready for Technology Partner Program in the Server and Integrated System categories
SvSAN is compatible with any HPE server and has been validated on the HPE ProLiant DL325 Gen 10 and ProLiant DL360 Gen 10:
HPE ProLiant DL325 Gen10
Dense platform with built-in security and flexibility
The secure, flexible 2P/2U HPE ProLiant DL325 Gen10, based on AMD EPYC processors, delivers an exceptional balance of processor, memory, and I/O for virtualization and data-intensive workloads.
- A single socket platform providing up to 32 cores and 2 TB of memory - ideal for virtualized environments.
- Up to ten low latency NVMe drives can deliver software-defined storage (SDS) and high performance storage applications.
- Up to three available PCIe 3.0 slots and embedded NIC with FlexLOM for I/O expandability.
HPE ProLiant DL360 Gen10
Secure, performance driven, ideal for virtualization, database, or high-performance computing
- Supports industry-standard technology leveraging the Intel Xeon Scalable processor with up to 28 cores, 12G SAS and 3.0 TB of 2933 MT/s HPE DDR4 SmartMemory.
- 10 SFF NVMe chassis backplane provides the ability to mix and match SAS/SATA and NVMe within the same chassis along with 8 + 2 SFF and 4 LFF chassis that supports new uFF and M.2 storage options.
- HPE iLO 5 enables the world's most secure industry-standard servers with HPE silicon root of trust technology.
Read more on StorMagic with HPE
“We needed a cost-effective solution with data replication features, allowing us to access and share critical data at all times... We found StorMagic SvSAN a good solution with an attractive price.”
Antoine Lagarde | Senior IT Technician | Centre Hospitalier Pierre Oudot
“Previously we had a Dell physical SAN, but when our support ran out we looked at other options... StorMagic SvSAN ticked all our boxes: low support cost, low outlay cost and reliability.”
Barry Nelson | I.T. Manager | Adam Equipment Company