FAIR PROCESSING NOTICE (CUSTOMER DATA)
During the course of our activities we, StorMagic Ltd, will process personal data (which may be held on paper, electronically, or otherwise) we recognise the need to treat it in an appropriate and lawful manner, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA)/GDPR. The purpose of this notice is to make you aware of how we will handle your personal data.
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with the six data protection principles, in Article 5 of the GDPR requires that personal data must be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to implementation of the appropriate technical and organizational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals; and
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures.
“Personal data” means recorded information we hold about you from which you can be identified. It may include: Your name, Your Address, Telephone & e-mail addresses and other personal information.
“Processing” means doing anything with the data, such as accessing, disclosing, destroying or using the data in any way.
Fair and Lawful Processing
We will only process your personal data where you have given your consent to StorMagic Ltd directly, or you have given consent to a third party, or where the processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, or to comply with our contractual obligations. We may also contact you under Legitimate Interest if your company has been identified as benefitting from our product.
How we are likely to use your Personal Data
We will process your data to comply with our legal obligations, to comply with our contractual obligations and to keep you informed of any developments, offers or events regarding our product.
Processing for Limited Purposes
We will only process your personal data for the specific purpose or purposes notified to you or for any other purposes specifically permitted by the DPA/GDPR.
Adequate, Relevant and Non-excessive Processing
Your personal data will only be processed to the extent that it is necessary for the specific purposes notified to you.
We will keep the personal data we store about you accurate and up to date. Data that is inaccurate or out of date will be destroyed. Please notify us if your personal details change or if you become aware of any inaccuracies in the personal data we hold about you at [email protected]
We will not keep your personal data for longer than is necessary for the purpose. This means that data will be destroyed or erased from our systems when it is no longer required. This information can be found in the Data Retention Policy.
Processing in line with your rights
You have the right to:
- Request access to any personal data we hold about you.
- Prevent the processing of your data for direct-marketing purposes.
- Ask to have inaccurate data held about you amended.
- Prevent processing that is likely to cause unwarranted substantial damage or distress to you or anyone else.
- Object to any decision that significantly affects you being taken solely by a computer or other automated process.
Please send any request to: [email protected]
We will ensure that appropriate measures are taken against unlawful or unauthorised processing of personal data, and against the accidental loss of, or damage to personal data.
We have in place procedures and technologies to maintain the security of all personal data from the point of collection to the point of destruction. We will only transfer personal data to a third party if they agree to comply with those procedures and policies, or if they put in place adequate measures themselves.
Maintaining data security means guaranteeing the confidentiality, integrity and availability (for authorised purposes) of the personal data.
Providing Information to Third Parties
We use third parties to carry out certain activities on our behalf. These third parties have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Subject Access Requests
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data. You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data, the right to restrict processing, object to processing as well as in certain circumstances the right to data portability.
You have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioners’ Office if you believe that we have not complied with the requirements of GDPR with regard to your personal data, details of which can be found on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling 0303 123 1113
StorMagic Ltd is the controller and processor of data for the purposes of GDPR.
If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed or you wish to amend or object to its use you can contact: The GDPR Officer at [email protected] or you can write using the address below:
2430/2440, Aztec West
A response will be sent to you within the statutory time limit of one calendar month.