Is your boss a little out of date on current technology? Do they absolutely hate spending money on storage and then expect a flawless solution that experiences no unplanned downtime? Does your boss still think a monolithic physical SAN is the pinnacle/cutting edge of storage in 2018?
Then it’s time to introduce them to StorMagic. StorMagic SvSAN is a software-defined virtual SAN, deployed as a VSA on top of the hypervisor, allowing you to create lightweight, highly available storage or hyperconverged clusters of just two nodes.
Sound interesting? Learn more about it yourself here.
But you’re probably not the one that needs convincing, your boss is. How annoying is it when you find a viable solution to a problem that your company is facing and upper management doesn’t sign off on your recommendation. Luckily for you, we’ve formulated seven bulletproof points that will ensure that you ‘seal the deal’.
Seven ways to help convince your boss that SvSAN is the way to go:
- No need for expensive external storage arrays – StorMagic virtualizes the disks inside the servers, eliminating the expense and management headache of another piece of gear.
- SvSAN works with any server and storage type – SvSAN supports any x86 server and disk drive type (spinning disk, solid state disk, NVMe) and it can use existing hardware or change hardware at any time – no more vendor lock-in!
- Significantly less hardware needed than other solutions – compared to other virtual SAN solutions, StorMagic requires less CPU, memory and networking – which makes the solution that much less expensive and simpler.
- The performance and capacity has the flexibility to meet existing needs and scale with demand – the StorMagic team can work with you to help size the exact config that you need today, while you can add more compute power or capacity later – easily – without downtime.
- Simple, straightforward deployment and management – the SvSAN management system plugs into VMware and Microsoft so there are no new tools to learn, making it a “set and forget” solution.
- Over a thousand other customers (many of them with hundreds or thousands of installations) using it – StorMagic has been around for many years and has lots of happy customer references.
- Mission-critical is our focus – many customers use SvSAN where 100% uptime is mandatory (manufacturing, retail stores, airports, security systems, and military). SvSAN software is designed to keep your systems running no matter what component fails while updates can even be conducted during production hours.
Armed with all of these benefits, there is absolutely no reason why you cannot convince your boss to cast aside their tired, outdated views on your organization’s storage needs. To reinforce your argument, leverage our collection of industry case studies which highlight the challenges each organization faced and how they overcame them with StorMagic SvSAN.
If you need more information yourself, you can access our library of white papers which provide greater detail on specific SvSAN features and provide best practices for different environments. The StorMagic team are on hand to answer any questions you might have, simply fill out the contact form, or email us direct using firstname.lastname@example.org.